Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||12 Months - 49 Years|
- - Adults 18-49 years of age and children 12-36 months of age at the time of consent who, in the opinion of the Investigator, are in good health based on review of medical history and screening physical examination.
- - Adult participant or parent(s)/legal guardian(s) has provided written informed consent for participation in this trial, including all evaluations and procedures as specified by this protocol.
- - Screening laboratory values ≤ Grade 1.
- - body mass index (BMI) from ≥ 18 kg/m2 and ≤ 35 kg/m2.
- - Female participants must be either of non-childbearing potential or if of childbearing potential may be enrolled if the participant: 1) has a negative pregnancy test at Screening and on the day of vaccination, and 2) has practiced adequate contraception or has abstained from all activities that could lead to pregnancy for 28 days prior to vaccination, and 3) has agreed to continue adequate contraception through 3 months following the last vaccination, and 4) is not currently breastfeeding.
- - Seropositive for both hMPV and PIV3 neutralizing antibody at Screening.
- - Has received routine immunizations appropriate for age per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) - Current height and weight above the third percentile for age.
Exclusion Criteria:Adult and pediatric participants eligible for this study must not meet any of the following criteria:
- - Acutely ill or febrile (temperature ≥ 38.0℃/100.4°F, regardless of route) on the day of the first vaccination.
- - Any ongoing, symptomatic acute or chronic illness requiring medical or surgical care.
- - Receipt of, or plans for receipt of an inactivated vaccine(s) within 14 days prior to first vaccination, or plans to receive through 14 days following the last study vaccination, or a live virus vaccine(s) within 28 days prior to first vaccination, or plans to receive through 28 days following the last study vaccination.
- - Any chronic administration of an immunosuppressant or other immune modifying drug.
- - Prior administration of investigational agent using lipid nanoparticle formulations.
- - Donation of blood or blood products ≥ 450 mL within 28 days of the Screening visit (for the Adult Cohort).
- - Intravenous blood products (red cells, platelets, immunoglobulins) within 3 months prior to enrollment.
- - Participated in an interventional clinical trial within 28 days prior to the day of enrollment, or plans to do so while enrolled in this trial.
- - Has a family member or household contact who is an employee of the research center or otherwise involved with the conduct of the study.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||N/A|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
|Human Metapneumovirus and Human Parainfluenza Infection|
Experimental: mRNA-1653, Adult participants
Experimental: mRNA-1653 Pediatric participants
Biological: - mRNA-1653
Biological: - Placebo
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you. Please note all sites listed may not currently be active in the trial. Please continue to check back for additional site locations.